I-212 Waiver for Reapplication

I-212 Waiver for Reapplication for Admission after a prior deportation order

Aliens who have been deported from the United States are typically barred for a period of time from being re-admitted to the United States. The period during which the deportee is barred can be either 5, 10 or 20 years depending on the circumstances of and reasons for the deportation. In order to be readmitted during the period of the bar, an I-212 Waiver for Reapplication for Admission must be filed. Frequently, this is done in conjunction with an I-601 waiver application.

Depending on the facts of the deportee's case, this application must be made either at the same consulate which will be issuing the visa or at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office having jurisdiction over the place of the original deportation.

Contact an Immigration Lawyer in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New York

To speak to an immigration attorney about your immigration goals, including obtaining a work visa in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, New York or anywhere in the United States, we welcome you to contact an immigration lawyer online or call 412-291-4400 | 215-880-4977 | 347-839-1700. Free consultations are available. We represent clients throughout the United States, including Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, Allegheny County, and worldwide in Korea, Africa, India, and Pakistan.